Health Unit Coordinator - Skilled Nursing
Under limited supervision, provides administrative support for assigned nursing unit at Asbury Health and Rehab
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- FAX/mails physician orders for signature.
- Maintains clinic schedules (podiatry, flu clinic, etc.) and related paperwork for unit.
- Upon direction from Medical Information Department, maintains updated visitation schedule for attending physicians and communicates information related to regulations governing physician visitation to physician’s offices.
- Schedules resident medical appointments, diagnostic testing, etc.
- Processes bar code charging of supplies daily, if needed and as necessary.
- Assembles and processes charts on new and discharged patients, replenishes chart materials, copies and files reports and any other patient-related data as directed. Maintains chart order.
- Maintains policy and procedure, emergency, bloodborne pathogen and infection control manuals to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Fills out lab requisitions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possesses interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Make Each Day The Best Possible Day For Those In Your Care And For Yourself
Come home to Aldersgate Retirement Community, where the career
environment is fresh, growth-oriented, and will offer you
the career challenges you are looking for -
– a reflection of our quality approach to the services
and atmosphere enjoyed by the residents of our
lovely 231-acre campus and facilities. Be part of an engaged, inclusive, and diverse community of friendly, upbeat, and collaborative people here at Aldersgate.
Come join us!
We seek professionals with a passion for the Elders we serve.
Health Insurance, HRA / FSA, Dental / Vision, Life / Disability
401k with match, Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program, Training / Mentoring Programs
Awards Programs, Volunteer Opportunities, Appreciation Events
Wellness Program and Team Member Clinic
Employee Resource Groups, Pool/Gym
Applications accepted Monday – Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or to the email address below.
Aldersgate Retirement Community
Human Resources Department
3800 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte, NC 28215
Thoughtfully Growing careers for over 70 years
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER